Abstract Submission Guidelines
General Information & Deadlines
- Abstracts MUST be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline 22 April 2018. Abstracts received via fax, e-mail or received after the deadline will not be accepted and therefore will not be considered for the program or publication.
A preferred presentation method should be selected during the submission from the following options:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Abstracts can be amended in the online submission system prior to the submission deadline of 22 April 2018. After the submission deadline, all abstracts will be automatically considered to be fully submitted and will proceed to the peer review.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the ESMAC Scientific Committee, who will consider its formal aspects and content. The Committee will decide which abstracts will be accepted and may reconsider the final presentation type and topic selection.
- Accepted abstracts will be made available to all meeting attendees within a special issue of the Gait & Posture Journal. Rejected abstracts will not be displayed or published. Please have your abstract checked for correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and formal structure. ESMAC reserves the right to edit abstracts if necessary prior to the publication on the ESMAC Website or the Gait & Posture Journal.
- All presenting authors will be notified with the abstracts evaluation results by 1 June 2018.
- All presenting authors are obliged to register for the meeting by 1 July 2018.
- ll presenting authors will be asked to declare a disclosure of their potential conflict of interest when submitting their abstract. Without the declaration submitted, the abstract cannot be accepted.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- When submitting your abstract, consider and choose the appropriate category, scientific topic and the presentation method.
- The abstract title is limited by 20 words and must be submitted using the sentence case (e.g. This is the title of my abstract).
- Up to 10 authors can be submitted for an abstract (including the presenting author). The presenting author is selected first; other authors can be added only when the presenting author is submitted. However, the author order can be changed if needed by swapping the names in the list of the authors. The first name is always considered to be the main author.
- The maximum abstract length is 450 words. Please note each abstract must follow a mandatory structure: Introduction, Research Question, Methods, Results, Discussion, References
Up to 3 pictures / charts / tables (TIFF, EPS or JPEG) can be uploaded within the abstract submission - file upload tab. Charts and tables can only be uploaded as a picture. Maximum file size is 20MB.
- EPS (or PDF): Vector drawings, embed all used fonts.
- TIFF (or JPEG): Color or grayscale photographs (halftones), keep to a minimum of 300 dpi.
- TIFF (or JPEG): Bitmapped (pure black & white pixels) line drawings, keep to a minimum of 1000 dpi.
- TIFF (or JPEG): Combinations bitmapped line/half-tone (color or grayscale), keep to a minimum of 500 dpi.
- The number of submitted abstracts per one submitter/author is not limited.
Please contact the ESMAC 2018 Meeting Secretariat for any assistance.
Data Privacy and Security
The European General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) entered into force as of 25 May 2018 and it involves some additions to data protection.
After creating your user account in our system, you can manage your information, protect your privacy and security via our Online Portal that is now fully GDPR compliant.